Since 2018 I work as a Public Affairs and Communications Manager for the Society of Audiovisual Authors in Brussels. As a part of my work I translate what the organisation is doing in the field of European copyright and media policy into digestible blog posts.
- 9 Feb: Making the economic case for culture
- 1 Feb: Meet our member: SPA in Portugal
- 11 Jan: Time to secure a status for authors and artists
- 5 Oct: Meet our member: VG Wort in Germany
- 17 Sep: Member States fail to meet the Audiovisual Media Services Directive deadline
- 10 Aug: Filmmakers suffer, but COVID-19 is not the only cause
- 10 Jun: What does Artificial Intelligence have to do with films?
- 23 Apr: Authors deserve fairness, not charity
- 23 Mar: How COVID-19 contaminates the film sector
- 17 Mar: 2019 – A year of changes
- 21 Feb: 3 ways filmmakers support the SAA
- 3 Feb: Shrinking space for filmmakers’ artistic freedom in Europe
- 9 Dec: “What is an author if they don’t have the right to express themselves?”
- 21 Nov: Figures don’t lie, filmmakers’ rights need to be strengthened
- 8 Nov: “Women at CISAC” – towards 50/50 in authors’ societies
- 9 Oct: Meet our member: SSA in Switzerland
- 30 Sep: Brussels EU quarters back to business
- 2 Jul: Meet our member: Kopiosto in Finland
- 25 Jun: Growing awareness of culture for development
- 3 Jun: A not so unified Union…
- 9 May: 3 ways the new European Parliament can support creators
- 12 Mar: 2018 in three words: The Copyright Directive
- 7 Mar: When will the film industry pass the gender equality test?
- 31 Jan: ‘This time I’m voting’ – for cultural diversity
- 23 Nov: How to exploit authors’ work without exploiting the author
- 12 Nov: Royalties for audiovisual authors – a drop in the ocean
- 18 Oct: How to make European films visible and accessible online?
- 10 Oct: Transparency: in EU institutions and copyright
- 13 Jul: Copyright 0-1: defending rights versus opposing obligations
- 2 Jul: Flourishing industries profit from struggling authors?
- 18 Jun: Getting closer to the finishing line?
- 1 Jun: Performers and audiovisual authors plea to the European Parliament
- 14 May: Authors’ right to remuneration is universal
- 6 Apr: Fair working conditions for the next generation of screenwriters and directors
- 8 Mar: Where are the female directors and screenwriters?
- 27 Feb: Online copyright: will the EU be a global front-runner or a bystander?
- 16 Feb: Copyright, a new world for me