After 13 years of working with human rights, on a national and European level, I have made a career move. In January 2018 I started as a Public Affairs and Communications Manager for the Society of Audiovisual Authors (SAA) in Brussels. While public affairs always been at the core of my work, I am now working with the culture industry and issues such as how the digital environment affects authors copyrights. I have made my passion for communication a part of my work, so I can best combine lobbying and online tools to influence decision-makers and the public.
My blog post at the SAA
- 2 Jul: Meet our member: Kopiosto in Finland
- 25 Jun: Growing awareness of culture for development
- 3 Jun: A not so unified Union…
- 9 May: 3 ways the new European Parliament can support creators
- 12 Mar: 2018 in three words: The Copyright Directive
- 7 Mar: When will the film industry pass the gender equality test?
- 31 Jan: ‘This time I’m voting’ – for cultural diversity
- 23 Nov: How to exploit authors’ work without exploiting the author
- 12 Nov: Royalties for audiovisual authors – a drop in the ocean
- 18 Oct: How to make European films visible and accessible online?
- 10 Oct: Transparency: in EU institutions and copyright
- 13 Jul: Copyright 0-1: defending rights versus opposing obligations
- 2 Jul: Flourishing industries profit from struggling authors?
- 18 Jun: Getting closer to the finishing line?
- 1 Jun: Performers and audiovisual authors plea to the European Parliament
- 14 May: Authors’ right to remuneration is universal
- 6 Apr: Fair working conditions for the next generation of screenwriters and directors
- 8 Mar: Where are the female directors and screenwriters?
- 27 Feb: Online copyright: will the EU be a global front-runner or a bystander?
- 16 Feb: Copyright, a new world for me
From 2010 until 2017, I worked for Social Platform, a civil society alliance of almost 50 pan-European networks of NGOs working for social justice and participatory democracy in the European Union. Here you can read the many blog posts I have been writing over the years in the capacity of my work as a Policy & Advocacy Adviser on human rights, equality and migration.