Over the holidays, I sat down with my niece and nephew, 14 and 16 years old, to better understand how they, as Gen-Z, use technology and communicate. When I became an aunt, l promised myself to always try to keep up with the technology they use, and they promised to warn me, if l ever …
Angelina Jolie, Christina Applegate, Sharon Osbourn and I have in common that we all have the BRCA high-risk cancer gene. The American comedy-drama television series The Bold Type features Jane Sloan, a young woman in her 20s that is finding out about and coming to terms with her genetic heritage, undergoing a mastectomy and processing …
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, I have often thought: what would Hans Rosling have said about advice of epidemiologists, decisions of global leaders, cases counting and data readings by experts, as well as the media coverage of it all? We will never know, as Hans Rosling unfortunately passed away in 2017. But his legacy is particularly …
Creativity and tech savviness is not something you are born with, not even web-natives. Anyone can develop their creative muscle. A while ago I read Philip Weiss’s book HyperThinker, Philip reminds about how a daily routine of brain games and problem solving, reading books, watching educational videos or listening to podcasts can stretch your mind. …
It is my longest relationship. I have had others, some for several years, a few months or just a weekend. I never promised I would stay, but I did, and it has been almost ten years now.
For the last six months I haven’t written anything. During this thrilling, terrifying, exciting and nerve-wrecking journey I haven’t read any thought-provoking books nor have l listened to any mind-blowing podcasts or engaged in heated debates about inequality and injustice (as I used to). So I simply no longer knew what to write about. I was blocked.
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)